IG Trends of 2022 – How to utilize these trends to get authentic growth
As we know, the world of Instagram changes overnight, with new updates and features always popping up, and that algorithm being susceptible to change. With over 1 billion active monthly users on IG, we know it can feel overwhelming with where to begin, so we have put together tips on the hottest 2022 IG trends just for you. So check it out, jump on the trends, and watch the authentic growth take off!
- 2020 was up there with the strangest year for IG users all around the globe, but one thing that is apparent is the shift to more video content being shared on IG.
- From fun dancing videos, to short vlog-style content, what we do know is that followers are loving these.
- Because of the algorithm, and IG wanting to push this feature, by creating content in the form of Reels, you are in a better position to getting more reach. The more you post, the more your engagement will increase, so aim for between 4-7 Reels a week. We get that it sounds like a lot, but according to the algorithm, you are sure to see results.
- Reels are a great way to share this and grow your engagement with those that follow you. They can be between 15 and 30 seconds long, a perfect amount of time to get a message across, whether it be sharing a promotion, selling a product, or sharing something behind the scenes – get creative!
- Keep followers up to date in real time. When you go live on IG, followers get a notification, a great direct call to engage.
- This is the perfect way to attract your audience. Once you finish your live, you can also save it so those unlucky people that missed it, are able to watch it.
- We realize that this can be a bit daunting sometimes, but utilizing the ‘face to face’ (or as close as you can via IG!) contact is a great way to engage. Followers can also comment as you are live, asking questions which you can answer in real-time, increasing that engagement on the spot.
- On that note, in utilizing these new features, there have been some recommended numbers for posting different types of content to get the algorithm to work in your favor:
- 3 feed stories
- 8-10 stories
- 4-7 reels
- 1-3 IGTV
We know that this can seem very unachievable in terms of time, so we suggest getting doing as much as you can, and most importantly, doing it consistently.
- Consistency is key – and is something that the IG algorithm in 2022 seems to put a lot of weight on.
- Interacting with followers before and after posting, ensures maximum engagement. Whether you are posting Reels, Stories, or main feed Posts, IG wants their users to be interacting consistently with their community before and after posting
- You will be rewarded for establishing a routine. It can seem like a lot of content to be working on and getting uploaded, if you follow the recommended content amounts which were set out earlier in this post. The best thing you can do is ensure that you post on the same day weekly, around the same time. This helps you to get noticed by the algorithm.
- With the current state of the world, people, now more than ever are interested in what each other are doing. With more time spent inside, and social distancing, followers are interested in seeing how businesses and IG accounts are run and how they came to be.
- Showcasing behind-the-scenes content, and sharing clients’ and customers’ experiences is a great way to get that personal level of engagement. Not to mention, it helps you in creating diverse content suited for everyone.
To get ideas for this kind of content, use your Explore page on Instagram to get inspiration for what kind of content your followers might like to see.
Animated, creative content
- In order to maximize that engagement, it’s super important to ensure variation in content. By this, we mean – get creative!
- At the moment, there has been an increased amount of video clips and Reels as we mentioned before. But to go the extra mile, we recommend trying animations and different editing styles.
- Layers on images – by hand drawing and editing normal images, is a great way to make simple images pop. Eye-catching content will always come out on top.
- Utilize influencers. After all, followers love seeing well-known people and accounts. By collaborating with influencers that can vouch for your business, you are sure to notice an increase in engagement. Whether this is links to YouTube videos, Blog posts, or short promotional stories.
So there we have it. Get creating that content, get interacting with your IG community, do so consistently – and watch that authentic growth happen.